Law Enforcement Scholarship
WISCONSIN FIELD TRANING OFFICERS ASSOCIATION LAW ENFORCEMENT SCHOLARSHIP.
The Wisconsin Field Training Officers Association Scholarship Award Program is designed to offer financial assistance to students enrolled in a Police Science or Criminal Justice degree program at an accredited technical college or university in Wisconsin. Its purpose is to encourage educational growth and professionalism among law enforcement students in the State of Wisconsin.
One $500.00 scholarship will be awarded each year with the winner will being selected on a competitive basis.
- Applicant must be a resident of Wisconsin
- Applicant must comply with the admission requirements for a student in a Criminal Justice related program at an accredited college or university.
- Applicant must have successfully completed at least 50% of the credit hours in an approved program.
- Applicant must either:
- Have a family member as a member of the Wisconsin WFTOA
- Have a letter of recommendation from the chief law enforcement officer in the jurisdiction in which the applicant resides.
- All materials must be submitted by August 1st
- Applications will be judged on information provided in the personal history form and the letters of recommendation.
- The scholarship recipient will be selected from a committee by the Wisconsin Field Training Officers Association and their decision will be final.
- Complete the Personal Information form.
- Attach three letters of recommendation from former or current teachers, law enforcement officers, jailers or dispatchers, counselors, or neighbors etc.
- Enclose a transcript of your grades for the first two semesters in a Criminal Justice related program.
- Have a letter of recommendation from the chief law enforcement officer in the jurisdiction in which you reside if you do not have a relative working for a State of Wisconsin law enforcement agency.
- Mail the packet to:
|C/O Kari Hagedorn, Secretary/Treasurer|
|710 Second Avenue|
|Eau Claire,WI 54703|
If the scholarship fund is not awarded by the September meeting of the Association the fund may then awarded to a law enforcement related charity chosen by a majority vote of the Executive Board of Wisconsin Field Training Officers.
The scholarship will be awarded in person the night of the annual banquet of the Wisconsin Field Training Officers Association.